Paper and Commingled Instructions
Paper and commingled recyclables are collected curbside every Wednesday on a bi-weekly schedule alternating between commingled recyclables and paper products. Recycling should be placed at the curb no earlier than 3:00 PM the evening before the collection day or no later than 6:00 AM the morning of the collection. Click here for the recycling calendar.
||Commingled Recyclable Instructions
|Mixed Paper, Magazines and Cardboard
What is Recyclable?
- Place all mixed paper loose in a container, trash can, paper bag or tied in small bundles that weigh no more than 30 pounds.
- Stacks should be a maximum of 12 inches high.
- Newspaper, magazines, inserts and catalogs.
- Junk mail and envelopes with or without windows.
- School paper, scrap paper and shredded paper.
- Paperback books and phone books.
- Cereal, cookie, cracker, rice, pasta and frozen food boxes.
- Tissue boxes, paper towel and toilet paper rolls.
- Shoe boxes, gift boxes and holiday cards.
- Wrapping paper (non-foil) and brown paper.
- Flattened corrugated brown shipping boxes.
- Any colored paper department store bags or paper grocery bags.
|Glass, Metal and Plastic
What is Recyclable?
- Containers must be clean and empty.
- Place containers in a trash can or larger
- container, not in paper or plastic bags.
- All recycling symbols accepted.
- Flatten plastic containers to save space.
- Glass bottles, jars and containers. All colors. Lids and caps on or off.
- Clean plastic cups.
- Waxed paper cartons that contain liquid, milk, juice, sports drinks, broth, soup, juice boxes and frozen food cartons.
- Clear, colored or black plastic bottles, containers, food-to-go containers, muffin, cookie and cake containers.
- Household cleaning wipe and baby wipe containers.
- Glass or plastic soda, water, milk, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage containers.
- Soap, shampoo, conditioner, detergent bottles from bathroom and laundry room.
- Clean, dry paint cans with lids off.
- Tin, steel, bimetal and aluminum food containers like coffee cans, beverage cans, soup and pet food containers, empty aerosol cans, etc.
- Clean aluminum foil pie plates, cooking trays and pans. Aluminum foil sheets balled up.
- Yogurt, mayonnaise, cheese, peanut butter, ketchup and mustard containers, etc.
- Empty cooking oil, butter and margarine plastic or metal containers.
Yard Waste Schedule and Instructions
Yard Waste Recycling - Begins April 2 through November 27, 2018
Gaeta Recycling will begin the curbside recycling collection of yard waste on Monday, April 2, for residents with a Tuesday - Friday garbage collection schedule and Tuesday, April 3, for residents with a Monday - Thursday garbage collection schedule.
Recyclable Yard Waste materials include vegetation, plants, flowers, grass clippings and tree limbs or twigs two inches or less in diameter. Yard waste must be placed in brown recyclable bags, loose in a reusable sturdy container with no liner or cut into 3 ft. x 3 ft. sections tied. Brown bags, containers and bundles cannot weigh over 50 pounds. Leaves, dirt, rocks, trees or tree stumps will not be collected. Yard Waste should be placed at the curb the night before a scheduled pick-up.
What is Yard Waste?
Vegetation, Plants, Flowers and Grass Clippings
- Yard waste must be placed in brown recyclable bags or loose in a reusable sturdy container with no liner.
- Each brown bag or container cannot weigh over 50 pounds.
- Yard waste in plastic bags, landscaping barrels or not in a container will not be collected.
Tree Limb or Twig Collection
- Tree limbs or twigs two inches or less in diameter need to be cut and tied into 3 ft. x 3 ft. bundles weighing no more than 50 pounds.
- Tree limbs or twigs not cut into sections and bundled will not be picked up.
Items Not Collected:
- Tree Stumps
Metal/Large Appliance Recycling
|2018 Metal/Large Appliance Recycling Schedule
Call the Metal Recycling Hotline at (201) 891-0048, Ext. 3011, by 2:00 PM the day before to schedule a pick-up.
Large items such as washers, dryers, refrigerators, air conditioners, heaters, metal swing sets, etc. (for a full list click here) will be picked up curbside on the first Friday of every month provided you call the Metal/Large Appliance Recycling Hotline at (201) 891-0048, Ext. 3011, no later than 2:00 PM the day before to schedule a pickup. Leave a message with your name, address, telephone number and the item to be collected. You will receive a phone call to confirm that you have been scheduled for a collection. Remove doors from appliances prior to placing curbside.
- Air Conditioners
- Basket Ball Hoop
- Basketball Hoop Pole
- BBQ Grills
- Bed Frames
- Filing Cabinets
- Garage Door Opener
- Hot Water Heaters
- Lawn Mowers
- Metal Exercise Equipment
- Metal Poles/Railings
- Metal Shelving
- Metal Tables
- Pool Heater
- Snow Blowers
- Swing Sets
- Tanning Beds
- Tool Boxes
- Trampoline Poles
- Trash Compactors
- Washing Machines
- Water Storage Tank
*Remove all bulbs, fuel and propane tanks.
Christmas Tree Recycling
Thursday, January 5, 2018
Thursday, January 18, 2018
Christmas trees are collected curbside on designated dates during the month of January. Place Christmas trees at the curb no earlier than 3:00 PM the evening before or no later than 6:00 AM the morning of the collection. Do not place Christmas trees in the street in the event of snow. Remove all ornaments and do not place trees in plastic bags. Trees in plastic bags cannot be recycled.